Working as cabin crew for a major airline is an exciting and challenging experience. The job requires a high degree of responsibility and specialization to ensure the safety and comfort of passengers in line with industry regulations.
This course is ideal for young professionals looking to get a head start in the profession, introducing the skills and responsibilities expected by leading airlines.
This course includes a Safety and Emergency Procedures Trainer providing an overview of the aircraft type, safety equipment and location and emergency procedures for handling unusual situations during flight.
In addition, special emphasis is given to customer service to deliver consistent and professional quality services that meet and increase customers' overall onboard experiences with the final module of the course giving useful tips for completing the recruitment process.
Our senior management and training staff are exceptionally well-qualified airline personnel with extensive management experience.
To start with, contact us and you will be invited to attend our free information and pre course screening, in order for us to ascertain whether you meet the requirements of the airline companies. If the pre-requisites are fulfilled, you will be invited to attend the next training session.
Modes of study
The theoretical training is conducted in a classroom. The methods include classroom instruction and practical training. The cabin crew member candidates must be able to pass tests with at least 80% correct answer. English is commonly used as documentation language, as it is the language used within aviation.
What you will learn
Upon completing this course you will have the skills to:
• Understand the cabin crew profession, its origins and current practices
• Identify aircraft type and relevant cabin crew functions
• Manage passenger interactions in a variety of circumstances
• Recall emergency and safety procedures
The course consists of theoretical and practical training:
• Introduction to Aviation - Qualification and Requirements
• Rules and Regulation
• Discipline and Responsibilities
• Aircraft type specific
• Safety and emergency procedures
• Crew member coordination and communication
• Passenger Handling - Crowd Control - Communication
• Fire and smoke training
• Water survival training
• Aero-Medical aspects and first aid
• Initial Human Factors and Crew resource management (CRM)
• Dangerous Goods Regulations Training (DGR)
• Aviation Security
• Customer service and managing passenger interactions
• Fire Drill
• Swimming test in a swimming pool
• Water survival training in a swimming pool
• Oxygen administration as first aid
• Normal and Emergency procedures
Student performance will be based on an examination and assessments.
A Certificate will be awarded to participants successfully passing the final exam.
Course price is inclusive of training, exams and books. To enquire on the next available starting dates as well as for pre-acceptance screening and registration dates, contact [email protected]
The maximum number of students is 18 per course and is strictly on a first come – first serve basis.